Hitchcock Biopic Starring Anthony Hopkins to Be Released in 2024
A biopic about legendary filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock, starring Anthony Hopkins as the director, is set to be released in 2024. The film, titled “Hitchcock,” will focus on the making of Hitchcock’s 1960 horror classic “Psycho.”
Hopkins is no stranger to playing iconic figures, having previously portrayed Pablo Picasso in “Surviving Picasso” and Pope Benedict XVI in “The Two Popes.” He is expected to bring his usual gravitas and intensity to the role of Hitchcock, who was known for his perfectionism and his dark sense of humor.
The film will also star Helen Mirren as Hitchcock’s wife, Alma Reville, who was a key collaborator on many of his films. Reville was a screenwriter, editor, and producer, and she is credited with helping to shape Hitchcock’s distinctive visual style.
“Hitchcock” is directed by Sacha Gervasi, who previously directed the 2012 biopic “Hitchcock.” The film is written by John Logan, who is known for his work on the films “Gladiator” and “Skyfall.”
The film is currently in production and is scheduled to be released in 2024.
In addition to the news update, here are some other interesting facts about Alfred Hitchcock, Anthony Hopkins, and Alma Reville:
- Hitchcock was born in London, England, in 1899. He began his career as a title designer for silent films, and he directed his first feature film in 1925.
- Hitchcock is considered one of the greatest filmmakers of all time. His films are known for their suspenseful plots, their use of shadow and light, and their iconic characters.
- Some of Hitchcock’s most famous films include “Vertigo,” “Rear Window,” and “North by Northwest.”
- Anthony Hopkins is a Welsh actor who has won two Academy Awards, one for his performance in “The Silence of the Lambs” and one for his performance in “The Father.”
- Hopkins is known for his versatility, and he has played a wide range of characters, from Hannibal Lecter to Richard Nixon.
- Alma Reville was a British screenwriter, editor, and producer. She was married to Alfred Hitchcock for over 50 years, and she collaborated on many of his films.
- Reville was a key figure in Hitchcock’s success, and she is credited with helping to shape his distinctive visual style.