The New England Patriots are a professional American football team based in the Greater Boston area. The Patriots compete in the National Football League (NFL) as a member club of the league’s American Football Conference (AFC) East division.
The team plays its home games at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts. The Patriots are one of the most successful teams in NFL history, having won 17 AFC East titles, 11 AFC Championships, and seven Super Bowls.
The team’s success has been led by head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady, who have combined to form one of the most successful coach-quarterback tandems in NFL history.
Here is a list of some of the all-time team records and leaders for the New England Patriots:
- Most wins in a season: 16 (2003, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2018, 2019)
- Most points scored in a season: 589 (2007)
- Most points allowed in a season: 444 (1981)
- Most yards gained in a season: 7,380 (2011)
- Most yards allowed in a season: 6,793 (1981)
- Most touchdowns scored in a season: 75 (2007)
- Most passing yards: Tom Brady (74,571)
- Most passing touchdowns: Tom Brady (541)
- Most rushing yards: Sam Cunningham (6,4541)
- Most rushing touchdowns: Curtis Martin (45)
- Most receiving yards: Stanley Morgan (10,352)
- Most receiving touchdowns: Randy Moss (50)
- Most tackles: Andre Tippett (1005)
- Most sacks: Andre Tippett (100)
- Most interceptions: Ty Law (36)
The Patriots won’t have a promising special teams star vs Bills.
ORCHARD PARK, NEW YORK — Brenden Schooler, a promising special teams player, will be missing for the Patriots as they try to save their season in Buffalo.
With a hip ailment, the rookie was labelled as questionable this week and checked it out on the field at Highmark Stadium on Sunday morning, but it wasn’t good enough to play. Jonnu Smith (concussion), Jalen Mills (groyne), Joshuah Bledsoe (healthy scratch), Shaun Wade (healthy scratch), Sam Roberts (healthy scratch), and Kevin Harris are all out (healthy scratch).
That brings an end to Schooler’s successful rookie year. He’ll finish with 14 special teams tackles, two fumble recoveries, and one of the year’s funniest moments: After gaining one of those turnovers, Schooler attempted to deliver the ball to Bill Belichick, who had no desire to take it.
New England will be thin at cornerback as it attempts to slow down a high-flying Bills offence. Jonathan Jones, Marcus Jones, Myles Bryant, and freshly signed Tae Hayes will be available. Without Jalen Mills and Jack Jones, the Patriots have played a lot of zone coverage over the past few weeks, but Belichick was mum on whether that would continue this weekend.
“We’ll do what the best we can to defend Buffalo as they’re a very talented offensive squad. “Great guys, and we’ll do our best to defend them, as we always do,” Belichick said. “So, whatever it is, it depends on the situation, who they have on the field, and everything else.”
Jakobi Meyers, who was listed as questionable with a shoulder injury, is back in the lineup.